|Posted on October 19, 2016 at 5:50 AM|
Sometimes, my friends, I find myself overwhelmed by the awareness of how much God loves me. He showed me how He incorporated His plan of salvation in the human body in the Laminin protein molecule (which I blogged about recently: "WOW"). That was exciting to have a small part of His creation revealed to me. Then as I was reading John 15 yesterday, His love for me and for you poured out. Hear these words of Jesus:
10 If you keep My commandments and obey My teaching, you will remain in My love,
just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and remain in His love.
11) I have told you these things so that My joy and delight may be in you,
and that your joy may be made full and complete and overflowing.
Jesus wants His filling/fulfilling joy to be in us. This was the joy He gave me that sustained me throughout the cancer journey. (See Cast Up A Highway) With His joy we can stand strong through any storm or trial!
“I have given and delivered to them Your word (message) and the world has hated them,
because they are not of the world [do not belong to the world], just as I am not of the world.
(15) I do not ask that You will take them out of the world, but that You will keep and protect them from the evil one.”
(16) “They are not of the world (worldly, belonging to the world), [just] as I am not of the world.
When we choose Jesus, we are translated into His Kingdom (Colossians 1:13) and we are no longer of the world. We live in a different plain, a new place. Our hearts now belong to God, and are cleansed and eager to live a life pleasing to Him; we want to fulfill His plan for our lives, not our own worldly one. The desires of our heart are drawn like a magnet to His goodness and righteousness. This contributes to the completeness of who we are, to who we were created to be.
(17) Sanctify them [purify, consecrate, separate them for Yourself, make them holy] by the Truth; Your Word is Truth.”
There is joy, there is gladness, there is the Word and there is protection, there is sanctification or a purifying, there is consecration, there is holiness and truth, the truth of what the Word says. Hallelujah.
(18) “Just as You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world. (19) And so for their sake and on their behalf I sanctify (dedicate, consecrate) Myself, that they also may be sanctified (dedicated, consecrated, made holy) in the Truth.
(20) Neither for these alone do I pray [it is not for their sake only that I make this request], but also for all those who will ever come to believe in (trust in, cling to, rely on) Me through their word and teaching,
Do you see what this means? Jesus was actually praying for us. Way back 2000 years ago, Jesus prayed for us, yes, that’s you an me.
Next Jesus expresses His dearest wish:
(21) That they all may be one, [just] as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be one in Us, so that the world may believe and be convinced that You have sent Me.(22) I have given to them the glory and honor which You have given Me, that they may be one [even] as We are one:”
Unity is what Jesus desires, that we may truly be one Body. We do not talk religion here; it’s not about that. It’s about the unity “That they all may be one, [just] as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be one in Us,” That we all accept Jesus gift of salvation; then we will become one Body.
That’s pretty clear isn’t it, unity in the Body.
(23) “I in them and You in Me, in order that they may become one and perfectly united, that the world may know and [definitely] recognize that You sent Me and that You have loved them [even] as You have loved Me.” God loves us so much!
John 17:26 (NIV)
I have made You known to them, and will continue to make You known in order that the love You have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them.”
Choose to invite Jesus into your heart, and He will settle down and make His home there.
Ephesians 3:17 (NLT)
17 Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong.
My dear friends, with the strength of Christ dwelling within, you can live a life filled with the gifts of God~ power to fight the enemy, fortification to keep yourself and loved ones protected, armor to fight the battle, a mighty supernatural love shielding. Also you can grow deeper into God and receive revelation for your life, and so much more.
May the grace, power, and love of Christ reign over each day of your life!